NIC reset after upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0.12018.0

Hello all, 

We recently upgraded the ESET File Security on we Windows 2016 server using the ESMC, a few minutes after the upgrade was done (and before we had a chance to reboot) the NIC on that servers starting resetting itself over and over - actually it happened on all 4 NICs on that server.

(Its a Dell PowerEdge R740xd)

Anyone saw something similar? It caused us a major production issue...

Here are a few screen shots from the event log:

3:25 the upgrade finish:

image.thumb.png.0bb656b502bc6922be013096607af251.png

3:29 the first NIC reset for the first time, it happened a few times again that day with no specific pattern:

image.png.1234d0949a6736ed419b3329ec01e8e4.png

My NIC on my Win 10 x(64) 1809 build "flakes off" approx. every 30 days or so; sometimes less than that. Been going on for some months. No reason I can find for the behavior although it usually occurs at first boot of the day after PC was powered down overnight but again, this is not always the case.

I did reinstall the NIC driver yesterday after it stated a new driver was available. Funny thing is it just installed the same driver but event log stated it didn't like something about the associated oemxx.inf but indicated the driver installed successfully.

My own opinion is that Microsoft is so screwed up these days support-wise, they even don't know what is going on anymore.

Eset_NIC.png.0547b48dd6851a626b8e046db1c535ae.png

Edited by itman

So do you think its related to ESET installation or not?

For us the server was up for 130 days with no issues until 4 minutes after we upgraded eset it started acting up...

In my case, the NIC resetting appears to be related to two JMicron SATA controllers on my motherboard. One of them starts in a constant reset loop which eventually migrates to the NIC which starts the same reset behavior as posted. I recently moved the only thing I have on one on the JMicron SATA controllers, a SATA NEC DVD drive to my main AMD SATA controller to see if this will stop this behavior.

Again this behavior is very infrequent and have no evidence to show it's Eset related or to anything else for that matter.

Eset_JRAID.png.4136a9d56c0104bfd903cd7b083e1c97.png

Edited by itman