Upgrading Nod32 4 to 5..and then to 7?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi!

Our environment consists of a windows server 2003 standard running Nod32 4 and era ver 4.0.138.0. I will be moving this to a 2012 server in the future, from what i understand i need to get the server to ver 5 before migrating to 2012 server.

Yesterday i updated both the server and the console to 5.1.38. My next plan is the start upgrading the clients from nod32 antivirus ver 4, to nod32 antivirus ver 5. My question is: what is the newest antivirus version? It looks like that is ver 5, but i am also seeing products for the business side called Nod32 antivirus ver 7. What is the latest version we can get and deploy to workstations?

Finally, i am reading about nod32 actually being rebranded endpoint security, is that right? Basically, i want to know what is the latest version of antivirus so i can update my server/console, then update my clients, and finally migrate the server to a new windows 2012 server.

thanks for your time.

• Administrators

The latest version of ESET Endpoint NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security (formerly known as Business Edition) is 5.0.2225. However, the latest server products are based on v4; the latest version of ESET File Security is 4.5.12015 which has been released recently and has support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 added.

The latest version of ESET Endpoint NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security (formerly known as Business Edition) is 5.0.2225. However, the latest server products are based on v4; the latest version of ESET File Security is 4.5.12015 which has been released recently and has support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 added.

Hi Marcos-

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what is the difference between "ESET Endpoint Antivirus" and "ESET Endpoint Security"? Which one should i roll out to my users? They are all on "ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition 4.2.71"

I created a new package and i chose ESET Endpoint Antivirus, because i figured it sounded the most like what version 4 was called, but now you confused me. So when i create a new package to roll out to my users which one should i choose? See screenshot

post-3050-0-35283700-1392910480_thumb.jpg

• Administrators
  • Solution

ESET Endpoint Antivirus (v5) is the successor of ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition (v4) while ESET Endpoint Security is the successor of ESET Smart Security Business Edition.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus (v5) is the successor of ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition (v4) while ESET Endpoint Security is the successor of ESET Smart Security Business Edition.

Alright, so it sounds like i would want endpoint antivirus v5 and NOT endpoint security. 

edit: we are going to run ESET Endpoint Antivirus ver 5. moving foward. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Johnny Utah