I keep getting pop up ads from your firm asking me to renew my license.  I don't recall having your product, nor do I wish to have it.  

Hope can I stop these annoying pop ups that occur a dozen times a day?

Thanks 

• Most Valued Members
43 minutes ago, cas said:

I keep getting pop up ads from your firm asking me to renew my license.  I don't recall having your product, nor do I wish to have it.  

Hope can I stop these annoying pop ups that occur a dozen times a day?

Thanks 

Could you take a screenshot of this so we can try and identify the issue? Is this on the PC itself or via the browser. The only time I can imagine Eset warning you to renew your license is if Eset was installed.

This sounds very similar to https://forum.eset.com/topic/19292-preyed-upon/. First off, NEVER click on a pop-up. You can use the ALT + F4 keys (together) to close an unwanted pop-up (I'm not sure if task manager will show a POP-UP, it might so that's another possibility). Secondly, review the pop-up blocker settings in your browser.

Odds are it's a fraudster/scammer looking to spread malware and possibly gain access to your machine and drain your bank account.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

• Most Valued Members

You are being asked to renew a product that doesn't exist on your system, which makes it seems to be that your browser is hijacked or the websites that you visit are malicious , or your PC is .

ESET won't come to you and ask you to renew when you don't have their product in the first place.