ESET for iPhone?

tecknomage

• Most Valued Members
13 minutes ago, tecknomage said:

There is ESET for Android (which is Linux based), why no ESET for the iPhone (which is iOS just like MAC)?

Problem caused by Apple?

Im sure i read somewhere its to do with apple limitations

7 minutes ago, tecknomage said:

I already know about ESET for Android, I am asking why no ESET for iPhone.

From the link TomFace posted

23. Why is there no ESET product available for Windows Phone and Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)?

Windows Phone and Apple iOS are proprietary operating systems with their own application stores. The only way to install software on your device is through these stores. Publishers verify each application and guarantee it is malware free. The applications from these stores cannot be run in the background, nor can they scan and delete other programs. Additionally, each application runs in its own segment– a sandbox–so that even if there is any malware bundled in with an application, it cannot be installed and spread to other programs.

Edited by Azure Phoenix

3 hours ago, Azure Phoenix said:

From the link TomFace posted

23. Why is there no ESET product available for Windows Phone and Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)?

Windows Phone and Apple iOS are proprietary operating systems with their own application stores. The only way to install software on your device is through these stores. Publishers verify each application and guarantee it is malware free. The applications from these stores cannot be run in the background, nor can they scan and delete other programs. Additionally, each application runs in its own segment– a sandbox–so that even if there is any malware bundled in with an application, it cannot be installed and spread to other programs.

Thank you Azure Phoenix. I guess folks are correct...reading is/has become a lost art.:blink:

Regards,

Tom