Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tecknomage

ESET for iPhone?

Recommended Posts

There is ESET for Android (which is Linux based), why no ESET for the iPhone (which is iOS just like MAC)?

Problem caused by Apple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tecknomage said:

There is ESET for Android (which is Linux based), why no ESET for the iPhone (which is iOS just like MAC)?

Problem caused by Apple?

Im sure i read somewhere its to do with apple limitations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tecknomage said:

There is ESET for Android (which is Linux based), why no ESET for the iPhone (which is iOS just like MAC)?

Problem caused by Apple?

Hello tecknomage. Take a look at question #23 https://support.eset.com/kb2711/

Regards,

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already know about ESET for Android, I am asking why no ESET for iPhone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tecknomage said:

I already know about ESET for Android, I am asking why no ESET for iPhone.

From the link TomFace posted

23. Why is there no ESET product available for Windows Phone and Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)?

Windows Phone and Apple iOS are proprietary operating systems with their own application stores. The only way to install software on your device is through these stores. Publishers verify each application and guarantee it is malware free. The applications from these stores cannot be run in the background, nor can they scan and delete other programs. Additionally, each application runs in its own segment– a sandbox–so that even if there is any malware bundled in with an application, it cannot be installed and spread to other programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Azure Phoenix said:

From the link TomFace posted

23. Why is there no ESET product available for Windows Phone and Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)?

Windows Phone and Apple iOS are proprietary operating systems with their own application stores. The only way to install software on your device is through these stores. Publishers verify each application and guarantee it is malware free. The applications from these stores cannot be run in the background, nor can they scan and delete other programs. Additionally, each application runs in its own segment– a sandbox–so that even if there is any malware bundled in with an application, it cannot be installed and spread to other programs.

Thank you Azure Phoenix. I guess folks are correct...reading is/has become a lost art.:blink:

Regards,

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot about iOS operating in 'sandboxes' so ESET would not work.

Thanks all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...