Agent Live Installers packages empty

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy ESET Agents to client computers, but the list "Packages to download" is empty, when I select automatic it gives "Packages not found in repository" error. I've tried entering different server hostnames and I can access eset repository metadata website via browser.

Logs give me these errors:

2019-04-12 12:15:48 Error: CRepositoryModule [Thread 2124]: Error retrieving packages: No such product 'com.eset.apps.business.eslc.linux'

Even though I wnat to deploy to Windows.

Licenses are valid.

Software packages are deployed properly, only Agent Installers are empty.

EDIT: Version 6.1.334.0

Edited by Charios

• Administrators

Try to generate a fresh Live installer. The paths inside the script should be as follows:

eraa_installer_url="http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v7/7.0.471.0/agent_linux_i386.sh"
eraa_installer_url="http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v7/7.0.471.0/agent_linux_x86_64.sh"

Also I'd recommend upgrading ERA to ESMC or at least to the latest version of ERA 6.5 as soon as possible.

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Try to generate a fresh Live installer. The paths inside the script should be as follows:

eraa_installer_url="hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v7/7.0.471.0/agent_linux_i386.sh"
eraa_installer_url="hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v7/7.0.471.0/agent_linux_x86_64.sh"

Also I'd recommend upgrading ERA to ESMC or at least to the latest version of ERA 6.5 as soon as possible.

Hey, I am using Windows Server system, so I won't be able to generate those installer files.

ALSO:

Is reboot required when upgrading Eset Remote Administrator Server ?

Because it is on our domain controller

Edited by Charios

• Administrators

Please post one or more screen shots to show us how you created the agent Live installer. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest ERA v6.5 since v6.1 is already very old and unsupported.

Also attach the Live installer that was generated.

• ESET Staff
7 hours ago, Charios said:

Is it required to restart server after ERA Server upgrade ?

Capture.PNG

You issue is most probably caused by fact that version 6.1 is no longer supported for some time (it reached end of life) and installers were most probably removed.

You have not mentioned platform, but reboot should not be required, not even on Windows.

Regarding upgrade, just be aware that upgrade from such old version to latest is not officially supported (was not tested) -> I would recommend to create backup of whole machine if virtual, or at least backup of database to be sure nothing goes wrong.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, MartinK said:

You issue is most probably caused by fact that version 6.1 is no longer supported for some time (it reached end of life) and installers were most probably removed.

You have not mentioned platform, but reboot should not be required, not even on Windows.

Regarding upgrade, just be aware that upgrade from such old version to latest is not officially supported (was not tested) -> I would recommend to create backup of whole machine if virtual, or at least backup of database to be sure nothing goes wrong.

So I've updated RAS and everything is fine, the packages are discovered, but I cannot deploy Agent to other computers which are on another network and it seems that ESET AV is blocking inbound ports (CONNECTION CAN NOT BE ESTABLISHED), is this possible ?

GPOs are set to open NOD ports, but it seems that they are being overridden.

DC with RAS is on 10.0.0.0/24 while pc's are on 192.168.10.0/24

Site to site VPNs are configured correctly. And I am able to access a computer which doesn't have AV installed.

image.png.6d9665303307944c2d5aa9733d29a515.png

Edited by Charios

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, Charios said:

So I've updated RAS and everything is fine, the packages are discovered, but I cannot deploy Agent to other computers which are on another network and it seems that ESET AV is blocking inbound ports (CONNECTION CAN NOT BE ESTABLISHED), is this possible ?

Yes it is possible, I would even expect it as remove access can be misused for attacks.

Have you considered other methods for upgrading AGENTs? For example using "Components upgrade task"? From description you provided it seems you are attempting to use remote deployment task?

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Yes it is possible, I would even expect it as remove access can be misused for attacks.

Have you considered other methods for upgrading AGENTs? For example using "Components upgrade task"? From description you provided it seems you are attempting to use remote deployment task?

I want to deploy agent to new pcs.