Threat found

HPPI

Hello.  Upon starting my computer today it did the "configuring Windows" three times before completing, then an ESET window came up with this message:

A threat (HTML/ScrInject.B) was found in a file that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host tried to access.  It can only be removed by deleting the file which can cause problems if the file belongs to the operating system.

So I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Please advise.

Thank you!

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- download and launch ESET Log Collector
- also select "Quarantined files" in the list
- gather logs and other files
- post the generated archive here.

Thank you so much for responding.  I believe this is the information you're requesting.  I copied it from the box titles "Operation Log".  If this isn't correct, please tell me where to find the correct logs.

[15:42:58 PM] ESET Log Collector v3.2.0.1 (9/11/2018) - 64 bit
[15:42:58 PM] Copyright (c) 1992-2018 ESET, spol. s r.o. All rights reserved.

• Administrators

A threat (HTML/ScrInject.B) was found in a file that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host tried to access.

There's nothing like that in the logs you provided. The only detections were:

Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G pot. unsafe app.
HTML/Refresh.BC

Ok, thank you for looking into it.  At this point, I guess I just need to know which button to click - delete or ignore threat?  I'm concerned about deleting because of the warning about the operating system.

• Administrators

Select Delete. It should be basically only temporary html files on a disk when an interaction is required. If you open a website where this detection is triggered, access is blocked automatically.