iOS device lock

We use: 

ESET Management Agent 7.0.577.0 Up-to-date version
ESET Security Management Center Mobile Device Connector 7.0.411.0 Up-to-date version
ESET Security Management Center Server 7.0.577.0 Up-to-date version
ESET File Security 7.0.12018.0 Up-to-date version
ESET Rogue Detection Sensor 1.1.693.0 Up-to-date version

We are setting up DEP with Apple.

We occasionally have a staff member go rogue and need a way to deny them access to the device without wiping it.

My question is with DEP and ESET MDM, will we be able to remotely lock the iPhone in a way that denies all access? What Apple refers to as Managed Lost Mode. 

As it is now, when we lock the device the users PIN will unlock it. We want to prevent that, just like the way remote lock for Android works.

Edited by noorigin

• ESET Staff

Hello, 

for this, you should use Client task -> Mobile -> Anti-Theft Actions -> Platform: iOS DEP -> Command: Find (Turn on Lost Mode). 

The device can be unlocked afterward only from ESMC Web Console with "Turn off Lost Mode " task.  

Good to hear, I was able to find that setting with your help.

Off topic, but do you know if there is a way to disable iMessage with the MDM? I cant find a setting for it.

• ESET Staff

Hello,

This setting is currently not available. AFAIK PM is currently checking which new settings for iOS we should deliver, and this one seems like omitted one  (according to docs since iOS version 6.0)

HTH