Ecactus

Hi search on Huawei P20 pro

Somebody knows about Hi search or Isearch in Huawei P20 pro. It just appear today and when I go on my eset board I see my phone and all my WiFi material but there is an unknown invader " Hangzhou KuoHeng Technology Co., Ltd" unknown 

Anybody encounter that situation before??? 

Thanks for suggestion or info

Ecactus

Posted (edited)

Below is an article excerpt. I advise reading the entire article:

At the start of this year, Verizon and AT&T refused to stock Huawei phones in the US, labelling them a security threat. In February, the heads of three US intelligence agencies advised against using Huawei devices. Only last month, President Trump signed the Defense Authorization Act, which included a ban on US government employees and contractors from using Huawei devices.

The suspicion of Huawei has spread beyond the US, too. In July, the British government produced a report criticizing the security protocols of Huawei phones. Most recently, Australia has banned Huawei and fellow Chinese smartphone manufacturer ZTE from supplying technology for its 5G network.

https://tech.co/news/huawei-genuine-security-threat-2018-09

Huawei products are riddled with security vulnerabilities; 507 to date and counting: https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-5979/Huawei.html

Edited by itman