Eset Business Edition for Linux Desktop

Hello,

We are using ESET Antivirus software on Ubuntu workstations. The latest is 4.0.79.0. The problem is this version messes up chromium-browser rendering it useless (constant "aw snap!" errors). There is a fix for Home users in version 4.0.81.0. Can we expect to have the same fix for Business Edition?

Regards,

Sebastian Samulczyk

• Administrators

I have inquired the appropriate product manager about the availability of EAV BE 4.0.81. As soon as I have some news, I'll let you know.

• Administrators

According to the product manager, it should be released some time soon. No exact date has been set yet, however.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

It has been some time and still there is no new version with Chromium fix. Is there anything coming? You've stated there should be a new release, but no exact date is known. Did something change in this subject?

Regards

• 5 months later...
We have been having the same problem - it only seems to affect Ubuntu (versions tested are 12.04 through to 14.04) 

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSandboxing (this is a security feature for Chromium - and seems to be borken by Eset)

The workaround for those people that have to use chromium-browser is to wrap the binary like so:-

#!/bin/bash

# Work around to enable Nod32 to play nice with Chromium on Ubunut - google-chrome-stable works out the box

#First mv /usr/bin/chromium-browser /usr/bin/chromium-browser_real (moving the original binary)

#Then put this script in place /usr/bin/chromium-browser and chmod +x /usr/bin/chromium-browser

/usr/bin/chromium-browser_real --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox

• 10 months later...