Jump to content

Using Windows Defender and ESET NOD 32


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I want to ask if it's possible to enable windows defender at the same time than Nod32?

I'm using my laptop at work and I have nod internet security, but the security policies of my company ask me to have windows defender running so they can control it.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, taquionbcn said:

Hello,

I want to ask if it's possible to enable windows defender at the same time than Nod32?

I'm using my laptop at work and I have nod internet security, but the security policies of my company ask me to have windows defender running so they can control it.

Thanks

I'm not sure about windows defender as i don't use it but i do know a lot of people recommend only one AV as they can cause conflict issues and may actually leave you at risk   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Disabling ESET's real-time protection automatically re-enables Windows Defender on Windows 10 and vice-versa. It is not possible to have two or more real-time protection modules running at a time; it would cause a big performance hit and possibly other issues as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, taquionbcn said:

but the security policies of my company ask me to have windows defender running so they can control it.

I would ask for a clarification on this since it makes no sense to me. If WD was installed on a local resident client, it would make sense.

Eset at installation time will disable WD realtime protection and register itself within Windows Security Center as the active AV solution. The only solution I see to this is to completely disable NOD32 while at work at which time WD should be reestablished as the active AV solution. When you leave the work network, you would then reenable NOD32.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Marcos changed the title to Using Windows Defender and ESET NOD 32
6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Disabling ESET's real-time protection automatically re-enables Windows Defender on Windows 10 and vice-versa. It is not possible to have two or more real-time protection modules running at a time; it would cause a big performance hit and possibly other issues as well.

I've tried but then the real-time switch for windows defender still gray so I can not enable it.

3 minutes ago, itman said:

I would ask for a clarification on this since it makes no sense to me. If WD was installed on a local resident client, it would make sense.

Eset at installation time will disable WD realtime protection and register itself within Windows Security Center as the active AV solution. The only solution I see to this is to completely disable NOD32 while at work at which time WD should be reestablished as the active AV solution. When you leave the work network, you would then reenable NOD32.

So I've been using for several months my computer in the organization domain, but yesterday they called me from the TI Antivirus department asking me why I was not using antivirus, I explained that I was using nod32 but they said that the cannot control this so they ask me for enable windows defender so they can manage or they will block my access.

So, is there an easy way to switch from antivirus at any time?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

You'd need to disable real-time protection in the advanced setup in order for Windows Defender's real-time protection to be activated:

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

You'd need to disable real-time protection in the advanced setup in order for Windows Defender's real-time protection to be activated:

image.png

Thanks, that worked, hope is enough for the TI people.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...