Error downloading file from update server?

Hello Eset,

Does Eset have updating issues , virus database signatures, from servers at the moment? The error message is ; Error downloading file from update server: Update 8357...I can see from Wilders, that a thread is started there  , with similar issue. Link: hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2232124#post2232124, okay, a update, VD is up and running now with Update 8358, super :-))   bummer, still showing error, when you do a manual update. (happiness is so short) :D

Regards, Janus

Edited by Janus

Guest Kevin

We are getting these notifications from all our servers that have eset installed:

5/21/2013 9:12:21 AM - During execution of Update on the computer DALVDMEXT, the following warning occurred:

The update of the virus definitions appears to have taken place on the servers, but just curious why we are receiving these email notifications.

• Administrators

We are aware of the issue and investigating it. As soon as we have some news, we'll let you know.

Guest Scott L

Same problem here but running Eset AV 4.2.76...One thing i did notice...when i manually update a couple of the servers and a couple of pc's from 8357 to 8358....the update file was rather large...35-40mb if i recall...acted like it was the definitions from the base install and it needed to update from 6858 to current

• ESET Moderators

Dear forum members,

thank you for all information provided.

We have found culprit of the issue, we prepared fix for it and released it just few seconds ago.

Could you please try to update and let us know.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Just downloaded update on server...then ran manual update on my laptop...i no longer receive the error....i am going to test on a few other pc's....one question....was the def # supposed to remain 8358?

Guest metalalbert

I downloaded a program module update. Is this what needed to be downloaded Peter?

• Former ESET Employees

:huh:   there's an update!?!?

Yes there is. Please see the previous post by Peter.

We have found culprit of the issue, we prepared fix for it and released it just few seconds ago.

Could you please try to update and let us know.

Thank you very much.

Simply update your virus signature database in-product and let us know if you receive the error message reported in the original post.