Changing Sound File?

Hi folks! :-)

Sorry if this seems trivial (and I guess it IS compared to some of the awful problems some others are having!) but I have a question and can't find the answer on my own.

OK, I would simply like to know *where* the sound files are kept, so that I might change them to something more appropriate than just a generic "ding".

In other words, when my Overnight Scan is finished and nothing bad is found, I would like my PC to play the "Hallelujah!" MP3 I have saved. :-)

I *know* that this is possible, I just don't know where to look and/or what file(s) to change. Please help? Thanks in advance!! :-)

The only sound setting in EIS/ESSP/NOD 32 (as far as I know) is to enable a sound signal...see https://help.eset.com/essp/12/en-US/idh_config_environment.html

The type of sound signal you choose to play can be changed via the Sound setting in your Windows Control Panel (I use Win 7) in your machine.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

Hi Tom! :-)

I have already enabled the sound signal as you have illustrated in your quick reply. (Thanks!)

However...

I cannot find *any* Setting *anywhere* that will let me change the sound file inside ESET.

(I run "Windows 10 Home", fully Patched, Updated, etc..)

There is no changeable sound file inside ESET A/V software. As Marcos illustrated, the only changes you can make are within Windows. ESET A/V software cannot play a certain sound if your scan is clean or a different sound if it is not. You can only change the sound Windows makes if a certain event occurs.

Being event triggered, it will play the same sound regardless of the scan results. In the Windows sound file, it might an "asterisk" sound or the "exclamation" sound (or another event sound). You'll need to get into your Windows sound file (in control panel) and look around.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

Hi Tom! :-)

No offense to you or Marcos, but I KNOW where the "Windows Sounds" Control Panel is! I have been changing my Sounds for many years now, and I think you're both missing my point. I don't want to change EVERY SINGLE SOUND on my PC associated with the "Ding" or whatever we call it (no, just the opposite) I want to *create* a NEW category under Sounds instead. Right now I only show 3 Headings -- Windows, File Explorer, and Windows Speech Recognition. Nowhere under these 3 headings is a place for ESET to change anything.

If I have missed something somewhere along the way, then *please* teach me - I'm all ears!

Thanks for all your help so far! :-)

11 minutes ago, Neilyum said:

I want to *create* a NEW category under Sounds instead. Right now I only show 3 Headings -- Windows, File Explorer, and Windows Speech Recognition. Nowhere under these 3 headings is a place for ESET to change anything.

As far as what you are requesting, it cannot be done. Eset would have to code some type of interface to the Windows audio service which I am sure they are not going to do.

Most Eset users I believe are just happy that the Eset sound feature finally works since it didn't in prior versions.

Edited by itman

Hi Itman! 🙂

Yeah, I realize now how silly & futile my Plea for Help was! Yes, it's all very nice that a sound file plays now, it's just indistinguishable from all the other sound files that play. Oh well, thank you for your thoughts!

Marcos & Tom, thank you for your help also. Please consider this thread closed as I can't see this going any further.

I still love my ESET and look forward to any and all updates! 🙂

No request is silly or unwarranted (unless totally ridiculous). Your thought process warrants further consideration...please consider adding it to possible future enhancements for EIS/ESSP/NOD32...etc @ https://forum.eset.com/topic/51-future-changes-to-eset-internet-security-and-eset-smart-security-premium/

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Insiders

Is there any way to turn off the notification sound for ESET product completely? I searched the settings but didn't find any option so asking. 

EDIT: nevermind, found it. 

Edited by SM03