HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus - False positive for Foxtab?

Cinosanap

Hi,

I'd like to know if the message that I'm getting when I try to use Foxtab (a Firefox add-on) is a false positive or not.

(https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/user/the-foxtab-team/?src=api)

Below one example from the log:

15-2-2014 14:40:10    Real-timebeveiliging van bestandssysteem    bestand    C:\Users\RMB\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sy04x3u4.default\Cache\7\59\AB4CCd01    HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus    verwijderd - in quarantaine geplaatst    W7Ult-x64-i5-PC\RMB    Gebeurtenis opgetreden bij nieuw bestand dat is gemaakt door programma: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

Due to this message, Eset blocks access to the website of Foxtab: 46.137.111.22 (or hxxp://www.foxtab.com/)

If the message is correct, I'll remove Foxtab although I do like it a lot and haven't had this issue when I used it on another PC (also equiped with Eset) about a year ago.

If it isn't correct I'd like to know how this issue can be sorted out.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Cinosanap

Hello Cinosanap,

While researching i found the following page that would make me want to uninstall if i had it.

hxxp://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-fox-tab-search-browser-hijacker-virus/

Good luck !

:)

All in all, i suspect Foxtab 'the addon' is probably not malicious in nature, but due to the reason it is a huge vulnerability, it has the possibility of allowing more malicious files to enter your system.

Fox Tab opens a backdoor for other malware infections and third parties. Foxtab.com’s terms state they are not held responsible for any third party actions or malicious occurrences which transpire after use of the Foxtab Toolbar. Third party infections may include malware, Trojans, and viruses which can be potentially fatal to your computer system and well being.
Edited by Arakasi