Error code 0x847695d7 when opening Firefox for banking

When opening online banking I get the error code 0x847695d7 after seeing a message that Firefox must be closed because there is more than one running. So I close the message, then see the error code, asking if I want to proceed without the security.

Same thing for me this morning(FF). BPP works fine with IE11(which I normally use w/BPP). Will try the KB itman suggested.

479506314_BPPerror3_25_19.jpg.da1641bce322c4255681dc9bec2a343d.jpg

Update.....disabled BPP, did a hard boot and then could not re-enable BPP (see below)

1195102326_BPP23_25_19.thumb.jpg.a48344435adeda8588b2237870ef17c4.jpg

Then did a soft boot and BPP was re-enabled (by itself). FF (v66.1) w/BPP now appears OK.

(Thanks itman for the KB...you saved me looking it up:))

Edited by TomFace
added update-grammar correct

That's unacceptable, the ongoing problems with ESET EIS secure banking. I have the same problem as dbergst. I did look into the Taskmanager, there is the "ESET Online payment protection frame" running even I did close, cancel the secure banking. I can not end this task. I reboot now and look if this help.

Edited by Clark T

Rebooting the system did help. But is it normal that the "ESET Online payment protection frame" task is still running in the taskmanager, when I did end the BPP (close the Firefox window where BPP was running)?

Edited by Clark T

51 minutes ago, Clark T said:

Rebooting the system did help. But is it normal that the "ESET Online payment protection frame" task is still running in the taskmanager, when I did end the BPP (close the Firefox window where BPP was running)?

If you're referring to eOppFrame.exe constantly running, that is expected behavior ever since B&PP has existed in Eset. Once it loads, it will remain running till system shutdown time. Personally, I was never concerned about it since it only uses 16K of memory.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does rebooting the system resolve the issue?

Yes, rebooting helped here.  So I take it this is an intermittent issue?

• Administrators

If you are able to reproduce the error, please do the following:
- in the advanced HIPS setup temporarily enable logging of blocked operations
- start logging with Procmon
- launch a secure browser and make sure that the error occurs
- stop logging
- gather logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive together with a compressed Procmon log for perusal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, sollysolutions said:

Error code also popped up in Chrome

Resolved with a machine reboot

Thanks

Most likely you had to reboot after an upgrade to the latest version 12.1.34 which has brought a fix for the issue.