Update problems

Hi all,

We are trying to update somo computers of our domain by using "Client Tasks".

Some of the computers are up to date, but we have problems updating some of them.

We obtain the error:  GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a).

We cleared the Apache HTTP Proxy cache of our ESMC Windows server, and also included a Timout=300 on the httpd.conf file but nowadays the problem continues to appear.

Trying to acces URL: hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/ we obtain a 403 Forbidden web error, but the ping answers on IP: 91.228.167.25

Any sugestions??

Thanks in advance

• ESET Staff

By "update", you mean to install a newer version  (upgrade)? Or to initiate a module update? 

How is your repository server address configured in agent / server policy? Is it set to "autoselect"? 

• Administrators

1, The repository contains installers and program updates but not module updates which are downloaded on a regular basis. 

2, Is the issue only on some of the machines that update through the HTTP Proxy? If they update directly from ESET's update servers, does it work alright?

15 hours ago, MichalJ said:

By "update", you mean to install a newer version  (upgrade)? Or to initiate a module update? 

How is your repository server address configured in agent / server policy? Is it set to "autoselect"? 

Sorry, yes, it means upgrade. I'm upgrading from 6.XX version to the latest one. And my repository now is configured  to autoselect, but if i configure it for hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1 we have the same problem.

We are upgrading all computers trough the HTTP Proxy. If we try to go to the URL: hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1 manually from any computer, works correctly.