Can not update Virus Singature Database

Hi All,

My Name is Hieu,

Today I have a problem with my system. My system have about 50 Pcs run Eset Endpoint Security. But I can not update Virus Signature for Client. Note: Just some computers can update to 9416(20140212). I also run update manually, but can not. I don't know the reason why? Can you tell me know what is the reason? Thanks in advance and hope to see your feedback soon. 

post-2996-0-18096200-1392274929_thumb.jpg

• ESET Insiders

Hallo truonglao12a4,

You should first check from wich source your workstations are updating virus database.

This could be done with ERA. Select computer -> right click -> Properties, select Configuration tab and there View configuration

That should open ESET Configuration Editor, there you need to find Update module -> Profile -> Settings -> Update Server (see what value stand under this)

Alternativly you can check on (at least one) Endpoint what update source is written there. Open main window, press F5, select Update and Pudate again and see what is written under Update source..

Then it's simply just up to you to see what is happening with this particular point

- if it's your internal mirror, then see that ERA has new username/password and .lic file (find how to change your .lic file);

- If they are updating directly from ESET, see that ESET on workstation has new username and password.

PS:
There are many availiable KB articles on ESET KB regarding this topic, you should read at least some of them, like:

- hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3281

- hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN540

- hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2671

- hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3069

• Administrators

Are you getting an error when attempting to run update on such workstation manually? If so, what error is returned? Does clearing update cache help?

Ensure the username and passwords are not loaded into the clients.

Make sure the correct ports are open on the server to allow for update propagation and the license for clients are also added into ERA.