Has There Been A Change To Banking & Payment Protection?

Win 10 x(64) 1809, Eset IS 12.1.31.

When I just clicked on B&PP desktop icon, I see the following screen in IE11. It wasn't this way previously.

Eset_BPP.thumb.png.ee188cb3ea7d1d9ebdffa422cad6c09a.png

2 hours ago, timse201 said:

Hello,

This is an insider post. Yes, the design was changed today (module version 1147).

To clarify, this was a production update and not a pre-release update? I don't have pre-release updates enabled.

Also my BP&P module is 1146 dated 3/1/2019.

Edited by itman

• ESET Moderators

Hi @itman, this wasn't a pre-release update, but rather an update for the Insiders installations.

However, the screens should be consistent. Can you please reboot the PC, then check the module version and the design of the respective screens?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, TomasP said:

Can you please reboot the PC, then check the module version and the design of the respective screens?

Rebooted. Everything remains as I previously described including the release version.

BTW - I am not an Eset insider unless someone enrolled me as such w/o my consent.

• ESET Moderators
15 minutes ago, itman said:

BTW - I am not an Eset insider unless someone enrolled me as such w/o my consent.

That is not possible - being an Insider means downloading and installing a specific build of the product, it is not a switch on our side that we could switch on your behalf.

Maybe there is some glitch that causes to show some limited parts of the new design in the previous version of the module as well, we will need to look into it.

Can you please send me an output of ESET Log Collector via a private message?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, TomasP said:

Thanks, will check with the development team.

Appears to me that perhaps the beta update ended up in a production pico update. So I guess we need another pico update to restore things back to they were previously?

• ESET Moderators

So, the explanation is simpler than it seemed.

The landing page you're seeing is hosted on the server, so everybody has the new design on it already.

The rest of the pages are served by the module and thus only people with version 1147 have those in the new design as of now.

So the behavior is correct, there is no glitch or bug.

3 hours ago, TomasP said:

The landing page you're seeing is hosted on the server, so everybody has the new design on it already.

Thanks for the feedback. Would suggest Eset post an announcement when a change to GUI related components are made. Especially in regards to B&PP since many are sensitive to any changes in that area possibly due to the malware.

I have also this new B&PP screen in EIS. I agree with itman, it would be good if Eset post an announcement when a change to GUI related components are made.

Edited by Clark T