ESMC Failed to synchronize package repository. See trace message for more details.

I just upgraded to ESMC 7 and I'm having issues with upgrading clients on any machines that are not local to the ESMC.  Previously on ERA 6.5 I had one server in the UK servicing all my users in the UK and North America without issues for years.  I read another thread where someone found a proxy timeout setting in the httpd.conf file but I don't have the same settings in my file and I am running on windows not an appliance.  How do I resolve this? As it stands I can't get the majority of my clients to update.  The remote agent updates fine but the software install task to upgrade the eset av fails every time.

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, solas said:

I just upgraded to ESMC 7 and I'm having issues with upgrading clients on any machines that are not local to the ESMC.  Previously on ERA 6.5 I had one server in the UK servicing all my users in the UK and North America without issues for years.  I read another thread where someone found a proxy timeout setting in the httpd.conf file but I don't have the same settings in my file and I am running on windows not an appliance.  How do I resolve this? As it stands I can't get the majority of my clients to update.  The remote agent updates fine but the software install task to upgrade the eset av fails every time.

Could you please provide error messages from AGENT's trace logs? I cannot recall any changes in HTTP proxy configuration nor in AGENT applications itself. Please in the meantime verify that configuration policy with HTTP proxy parameter for remote clients is correct -> there has been change in design of proxy settings.

Regarding error "Failed to synchronize package repository" it means that AGENT is not able to download repository metadata, which is set of files (few MB at most) and there has been not much reports that this fails as most issues are related to downloading installers itself which are almost ~150MB. That is why I think there is something not configured properly, either AGENT's have no access to proxy or repository. Could you check configuration of AGENT from remote device (it can be requested in specific client details view) and verify both mentioned settings (HTTP proxy for ESET services and Repository URL) are configured properly, i.e. reachable for remote client?