After Clk'ing - Chk for Updates - I repeatedly had the 1809 Update get STUCK at "Installing 91%" UNTIL I DISabled ESET Protect/FW & All other Security Apps.

MOST "solved" posters UNinstalled their AV and Unchk'd all Non-MS members in the Task Mgr Startup Tab.

Google the scenario IF problems and there are other 91%'ers who solved it. You experts know this but this is mainly for us amateurs.

Posted (edited)

In my 1809 upgrade failures, it wasn't Eset that was the culprit but having 1803 Virtualization enabled. Disabling that feature in the BIOS allowed the 1809 upgrade to proceed w/o issue.

There have been numerous issues related to the 1809 upgrade. I have had Eset installed in every Win 10 Feature upgrade to date w/o issue.

Edited by itman

Also you wrote: " UNTIL I DISabled ESET Protect/FW & All other Security Apps". The question is if it was enough to uninstall ESET for the issue to go away or the other security applications you mentioned. We intensively tested upgrade from RS4 to RS5 and didn't encounter any issues with ESET installed.

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, Marcos said:

Also you wrote: " UNTIL I DISabled ESET Protect/FW & All other Security Apps". The question is if it was enough to uninstall ESET for the issue to go away or the other security applications you mentioned. We intensively tested upgrade from RS4 to RS5 and didn't encounter any issues with ESET installed.

I didn't have to Uninstall ESET, just Disable both modules, along with Mbam Pro & SuperAS Pro. Twice Stuck at 91% until I Disabled all 3 is the Only point.

I wasn't blaming ESET, just stating what worked for me.

Maybe one of the other 2 was the culprit but it's too important to try Disabling B4 Uninstalling an AV, etc. -  AS Many other post-ers said they did and likely would influence a non-expert reader to do the same.

Edited by COStark26

ESET and MBAM Pro generally may not play nicely together regardless of OS updates.

Posted (edited)

You don't need another security solution. eset is quite sufficient

Edited by galaxy

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET and MBAM Pro generally may not play nicely together regardless of OS updates.

Would this be like ESET & Mbam arguing at the gate and a bad guy slips in un-noticed - OR - files are slow to open / browser gets choppy, sites = error page etc.

I've Never had a visible issue with all 3 Real-time, although SuperAS Real-time has been OFF a good while.