Update problem

Boris

Hi all,

I would like to commend the look of the new forum! ESET team going in the right direction.

Now about my problem. Sometimes Nod32 had to download a large file, aprox 29mb but when hi finished I get this error

21.5.2013 11:09:49    Update module    
Error downloading file from update server    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

This happens in every 2 weeks.

Best Regards. :mellow:

You could consider doing a completely new installation using the removal tool first?

After that, try to re-install using the MSI. Also, make sure that you have proper acces to the MSI file.

Edited by Danny Batenburg

• Administrators

This kind of error normally occurs if the backup msi file is deleted from the \Windows\Installer folder. I'd suggest removing ESET completely using the Uninstall tool as per the instructions here and installing EAV v6 from scratch.

Ok, I do like you told me. Complete uninstall Eset AV, and then install again. Now, just to wait and see if we have some results.

Best Regards. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

9.6.2013 8:37:50    Update module    
An error occurred while downloading update files.    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Best Regards.

Hey Boris

Have you tried to clear the update cache, it's quite easy, see here: Error downloading file and cannot update virus signature database in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus (6.x) .

I can see from the above post, that you have done a clean installation by using eset uninstaller tool in safe mode, and it has apparently not help much. If the "clean update cache" trick do not help, then you can follow the last advice( point 8 ) in the article from above. And take advantage of your local Customer Support, most offer phone support.(Sorry I cannot guide you to your local support because I can't see in what part of the world you are from?)

Regards, Janus =))

Edited by Janus

• 2 weeks later...

After two weeks situation with update is the same. Couple of days is everything ok, then NOD starts to download large file again with error. Right now, I have two problems that they are not solved (2nd is with scheduled scan), and this is the first time in many years of using (V3, V4, V5 ok, but V6 is disastrer :mellow: )

Now I'm waiting for version 7 and maybe better days.

Best Regards.

• Former ESET Employees

Which Windows operating system are you running on that computer?

I might also suggest contacting ESET Customer Support to help expedite the resolution of this issue.

They may ask for the following, so it would be good to have these ready just in case:

1. A Process monitor log from a failed attempt to update
2. An ESET SysInspector log
3. An ESET Event log exported to a text file