Seems to be a bug: Tray icon showing Update when Scan going on

I have scheduled a scan for few folders immediately after each update. When update is running, the system tray icon shows "Module update in progress". But even after update is complete and scan is going on, the system tray icon shows "Module update in progress", when you hover mouse over it.

• Most Valued Members

Running a scan only shows the same animation "showing that something is happening" on the system tray icon for me, but if you hover over it the text clearly states a scan is running and not an update.

scantray.jpg

Edited by cyberhash
add image

I created a task in Scheduler. This task is executed after each update. When update is complete and scan starts, it is still showing "Module update in progress". 

I will capture screenshot and post.

Below is a screen shot of what is shown from Eset desktop toolbar icon when my scheduled scan is running in ver. 12.1.31:

Eset_Scan.thumb.png.cfc6d41c545de437b7d2cd6ac026d31a.png

A few days ago I experienced something similar with version 12.1.31.0 as @Rohit reported here above. When the system tray icon showed that EIS was busy doing something, I hovered my mouse over it and it showed that EIS was busy updating. A few minutes later I noticed that EIS was still busy and the icon suggested that EIS was still busy updating. Because I didn't believe that, I opened the EIS window. That showed that a scan was running. During the whole scan, which lasted several hours, the icon suggested that EIS was busy updating.

It is just an assumption, but I have the impression that the tray icon gets "confused" when the scheduler starts multiple actions at the same time. For some odd reason the scheduler of 12.1.31.0 doesn't have any patience. It even starts another scan when there is already a scan running, even though running two scans sequenctially is probably much more efficient than running two scans at the same time.

Edited by AGH1965

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple of screenshots:

(1) In my original post, I mentioned about "Module update in progress" message appearing on system tray even when the scan is running. 

image.png.5e9817922d0287edfca3f5338035b3d4.png

(2) Yesterday Internet Security got upgraded to 12.1.34.0. I have a scheduled task of Windows System folder scan after each update. Now here you notice the flaw. When ESET IS was applying upgrade and updating, it should have postponed the scheduled scan but it didn't. The upgrade and scan ran together.

image.png.2b825c6538d368015ffa0a8049f98c9d.png

• Administrators

Please restart the computer to finish installation of v12.1.34, then try to reproduce it with the latest version. Also I don't think there is a mechanism to postpone tasks when an upgrade is running.