EIS scan results UI after update

Hi,

First things first, thanks for the ESET update. It's really appreciated. Little yet hopefully sound additions to its security. Now, to the subject at hand. Yesterday i ran a scan after the update and, while the scan window result is now resizable, the results are still as cryptic as it gets. So, if we watch in the screenshot below we have the following logic path.

a) A set of dozens of detections

b) 9 items detected (compared to what in that long row of detections?)

c) 8 PUAs (what is the 9th issue in that long list?)

f) Filtering doesn't help. There is a terminological disconnection between what we are looking for (9 DETECTIONS), what the list indicates (a long list of issues) and what the filter offers (Diagnostic, Informative, Warnings, Errors, Critical)

May i humbly suggest to:

1) Indicate the "detections" with a different color ot maybe making them bold, and;

2) Add a "detections" or "threats" in the filter, so that an user can skip all what is not priority and just get to what counts? (somebody from ESET may reply that CRITICAL and ERRORS might be the case but it's not clear).

What i am suggesting is to follow a "logic terminological path" between what the user sees in the list, what reads in the results and how these can be searched (Detections in this case)

Please, let me know if all this makes sense but to me it's still confusing.

A humble thanks to the ESET staff for the effort with the new update.

1237285793_ESETUI.png.thumb.jpg.4981789263c48d3b9b8d7a2b4ceb9b17.jpg

On 3/9/2019 at 7:06 AM, PassingBy said:

Hi,

First things first, thanks for the ESET update. It's really appreciated. Little yet hopefully sound additions to its security. Now, to the subject at hand. Yesterday i ran a scan after the update and, while the scan window result is now resizable, the results are still as cryptic as it gets. So, if we watch in the screenshot below we have the following logic path.

a) A set of dozens of detections

b) 9 items detected (compared to what in that long row of detections?)

c) 8 PUAs (what is the 9th issue in that long list?)

f) Filtering doesn't help. There is a terminological disconnection between what we are looking for (9 DETECTIONS), what the list indicates (a long list of issues) and what the filter offers (Diagnostic, Informative, Warnings, Errors, Critical)

May i humbly suggest to:

1) Indicate the "detections" with a different color ot maybe making them bold, and;

2) Add a "detections" or "threats" in the filter, so that an user can skip all what is not priority and just get to what counts? (somebody from ESET may reply that CRITICAL and ERRORS might be the case but it's not clear).

What i am suggesting is to follow a "logic terminological path" between what the user sees in the list, what reads in the results and how these can be searched (Detections in this case)

Please, let me know if all this makes sense but to me it's still confusing.

A humble thanks to the ESET staff for the effort with the new update.

1237285793_ESETUI.png.thumb.jpg.4981789263c48d3b9b8d7a2b4ceb9b17.jpg

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:24 PM, jasonsmith said:

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your feedback. I am surprised no feedback whatsoever came from ESET.

• Administrators

Currently we can only suggest filtering our errors and diagnostic records which should reduce the log to show only detections.