Logging web traffic using ERA and Endpoint

richardpepp

Hi folks. Apologies if there is an obvious answer to this but I've hunted everywhere and can't find out if this is possible.

I've got about 30 machines over poor shared internet connections and I suspect that one or two of the machines are taking a lot of the traffic.  Is there anyway using Endpoint security and ERA to log web traffic volume and or URLs to see who is using the bandwidth?  I could then use the webcontrol to block those categories/sites but first I would like to see what is going on.

Thanks for any pointers

Hi Richard,

This is off topic, and im sure we could get you some help with ERA and logging.. . .

However, is Quality of Service through the router or switches unavailable ?

You can limit the bandwidth to your machines and balance them out all to a given throughput. :)

Thanks for that, that's what I'm going to try next but I wanted to get an idea of what was causing the problem.  I'll take a look at what is on our routers as well though

tx 

Richard

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Do the management tools for your switches give any kind of per-port utilization? Even if they do not tell you the type of traffic that could serve as a starting point for which machines to investigate further (e.g., mirror the port and perform a capture of its traffic).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky