ESET (12.0.31.0) - Removal of Security Alerts from GUI

xkpx

Hellow, favorite ESET friends, i have using this antivirus for almost 20 years now and i'am proud of it,

Recently i reinstall windows and i try to keep it clean and orgranized. So i have additional firewall rules, internet privacy tweaks and stuff, so i have decided to disable Internet Protection. (Anti-Phishing, Email, Web-Access),

And everytime when i look in the down-right corner of my screen i see an red notification that i disabled some things, and also when i enter GUI of the program i see the things that i have disabled.

I know i disabled them and i know the risks, and i personaly don't need them. So is there any way to remove them from the GUI ?

Untitled.png

• Administrators

It is actually a very bad idea to disable Web access protection. I would understand that if a computer was not connected to the Internet at all, however, even in such case you wouldn't gain any benefits from disabling the protection.

You wrote that you have firewall rules created but how a firewall could protect you from malware injected in a legitimate site for instance? Firewall is just one protection layer but then there are many others that are there to protect you if an attacker or malware gets through other protection layers.

Moreover, you have ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed which doesn't include firewall and network protection (includes also Botnet protection) that can protect the machine from exploits in network protocols. If you had an unpatched machine, you would be protected only with ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium against the infamous WannaCry for instance. A firewall might not help if there was a compromised machine in the trusted zone.

Well i understand the risks but i just dont need this feature becouse i know where i'am downloading and from who, so this additional protections is unnecessary to me.

• Administrators

You can disable the appropriate application status in the advanced setup -> user interface. You understand that you will take all responsibility for the security of your system since ESET won't be able to 100% protect you from Internet-borne threats, phishing, etc. By disabling Web access protection you won't gain any benefit but lose one of the most important protection layers.

Even if one was very cautious and restrictive in what he or does on a machine (e.g. visits websites only with javascript disabled, checks every https certificate on visited websites, uses policies to prevent script interpreters from running, disables USB ports to prevent devices carrying data from attaching, etc.), I wouldn't recommend disabling a single protection layer.

Awesome i did it and now is just i like it.

Yes i take all responsibility about my actions.

Thank you very much for the help.

----

Martin