Blue screen windows and now Eset won't update

Nurselink

I have experienced two blue screens of death, so I restarted in safe mode and restored back 2 weeks incase it was java related. When I go back to Eset the last update was the 31st Jan and it won't let me update (just hangs). I am unsure of next steps. Please help

Hello Nurselink,

This is a known issue with system restore and timestamps on database files.

You can wait it out, or switch to Pre-release updates and back again to resolve, via the advanced > update section.

• Administrators

Please report issues in the appropriate product forum so that your reports get better attention. What ESET product do you use?

In order to tell the cause of BSOD, please compress the memory dump created, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

As for the problem with update, try clearing update cache via advanced update setup and clicking the appropriate button.

Sorry first time have used forum. Have cleared cache also, the protection status tab says max protection is not ensured as virus sig dab is out of date. When u go to update button it shows last update was 9399(20140208) on 31/1/14 (my system restore date) after blue screen. The blue globe keeps turning as if it's doing something but it just continues to hang and not update

Use 7zip, Winrar, or Winzip.

I prefer 7zip. :)

Continue with sending your memory logs to Marcos, he will assist with what caused it. As well as prevent future ones.

However i think your updating issue might lie elsewhere.

You tried clearing update cache, and you tried switching to pre-release and back again ?

Nurselink what is your latest ESET update? I have 9400-also see the link below.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1636-virus-signature-database-update-difficulties-after-system-restore/

Of course Marcos is the expert here and knowing the cause of BSOD is important.

Edited by TomFace