Recommanded Scheduled Scan and Update settings for ESET File Security?

1. What's the best scheduler setting for daily nightly auto-scan for ESET File Security for:
i.e.
- domain controller
- file server
- IIS server
- SQL server
- server that has the ERA(v6) or ESMC(v7) running?
Which kind of servers should run In-Depth scan and which should run Smart Scan?

2. What the best scheduler setting for auto-update?
Would this example be a good fit?
i.e.
1st profile: update directly from ESET's servers every 15min
2nd profile: update via proxy pointing to internal ERA/ESMC every 15min
Recently everyday randomly on 10+ our of 150+ of our workstations (and servers) ESET sends email notification message below:
"3/2/2019 13:55:59 PM - During execution of Update on the computer xxx, the following event occurred: File not found on server."
I don't think the cause of issue is related to my auto-update too frequent because this issue is happening to many other ESET customers.

Edited by cmit
more info

• Administrators

I would say that running a full disk scan on a daily basis is too much if all protection features are enabled. Files are scanned:
- during download

- on acces nd execution
- saving to a disk
- by the startup scan run after users log on and after each module update (memory + autorun locations + UEFI + WMI).

Then there is also the Idle-state scan.

It should be enough to run a full disk scan once a month or once a week at maximum.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

I would say that running a full disk scan on a daily basis is too much if all protection features are enabled. Files are scanned:
- during download

- on acces nd execution
- saving to a disk
- by the startup scan run after users log on and after each module update (memory + autorun locations + UEFI + WMI).

Then there is also the Idle-state scan.

It should be enough to run a full disk scan once a month or once a week at maximum.

What about scheduled nightly Smart Scan (i.e. 1am) when workstations not in-use?

May I have recommendation about my 2nd question on scheduling auto-update?

Thanks.

• ESET Staff

With regards to the updates, I would keep it in the "default settings", meaning the endpoint client tries to download module updates every hour. That should be sufficient, as updates are actually released approx. 6 times a day. 

5 hours ago, MichalJ said:

With regards to the updates, I would keep it in the "default settings", meaning the endpoint client tries to download module updates every hour. That should be sufficient, as updates are actually released approx. 6 times a day. 

May I know the default settings means the endpoint client tries to download module updates every hour from where?

Could you show me the default settings again?