setting up Mirror update

Hello, i've upgraded my era v5 server to esmc v7, since esmc 7 does not have mirror update support but http mirror my v5 clients can't receive updates anymore, i've read many threads on here and i'm at a loss, How do I set up an old fashioned mirror server ? i even tried using the local file security software to create a mirror server but the directory never fills up and my v5 clients keep saying file not found

Thanks

Edited by pjaneiro
spelling

• Administrators

If there is at least one machine in the network with Internet connection that the other machines can connect to, we strongly recommend using an HTTP Proxy that has several benefits over using a mirror:

- a lot of traffic will be saved with each update
- clients will be able to take advantage of LiveGrid
- clients will be able to download streamed updates for even quicker response to new threats

If HTTP Proxy is not an option and you must use a mirror, you can create one:
1, Using the command-line Mirror tool
2, Using a v7 security product (Endpoint or mail/file server security product).

You wrote " i even tried using the local file security software". What product and version did you mean?

I still have a few NOD32 V5 on the floor and they need their updates, I tried changing the update path to the new esmc server with the proper port 3128, but they all return with file not found error,

this is my file security version

image.png.438edca4668ca4190d5f4d48cd42061c.png

• Administrators

You cannot update v7 from a mirror created by v5. As I have stated, you can update v7 from a mirror created by another v7 (or latest 6.6) product or by the Mirror tool.