Alerts and Notifications

Mrs.C

12 hours ago, Mrs.C said:

..... I'm not clear what transparency means

Hello Mrs. C and welcome to the Forum. Transparency refers to the opaqueness of the "Alerts and Notifications" messages that you will receive (can you see through them). Just play around with the settings till you find something you're comfortable with (I like my alert messages to appear "solid" (not transparent) so I have mine set at 0). Duration is the amount of time the message is displayed (in seconds). While in the ESET GUI (graphical user interface) setup you'll see the letter "i" inside a gray circle along the right side of the GUI window. When you hover your cursor over these "i"s, a window will open with some information. Info.thumb.jpg.0eb0a9a969c68e713b8f1e4ca10fb151.jpg

The ESET "Help and Support" listing in your main ESET product GUI window and the ESET Knowledgebase has lots of valuable info. It might be a good idea for you to go through the "Help and Support" index to get a better understanding of using the ESET program.

gui.thumb.jpg.2ecea5f9dc74aebc3d5f3920f1da2573.jpg

Help2.thumb.jpg.08f8fe77a28b53ab124e34d7ff05cfa4.jpg

Here is a link to the "Alerts and Notifications" article from the "Help" index https://help.eset.com/eav/12/en-US/idh_config_alert.html

Also here is a link to the main ESET Knowledgebase  window https://support.eset.com/

If you change some settings and don't like the results, you can always easily revert back to the default settings by clicking the "circle back" arrow on the right hand side of the GUI (shown here in light gray).

Default2.thumb.jpg.af5e18428ad317ec0bba8b2c2fedb353.jpg

Should you have a question about something, start with "Help and Support" in the GUI window. If you can't find what you need there or in the Knowlwedgebase, just come here to the Forum and ask. :)

By the way, I loved you in "Happy Days";)(sorry I could not resist).

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace
added graphics