ESMC MDM licence activation problem

Hi Everyone,

Today I installed MDM Core on the same Linux server as I have ESMC running. Installation was successful, but licence for my server was deactivated and I can't activate it again.

Activation task returns "Task finished successfully" but server device still has "Product not activated " problem.

I have "ESET Endpoint Security for Windows" and "ESET Endpoint Security for Android" licences connected to my ESMC server by ESET Business Account,

It's not a connectivity issue, I can activate licences for any other device, just my server has a problem.

I was using this documentation during installation: https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/70/en-US/mdm_setup_and_settings.html

Maybe somebody here encountered similar problem and can point me in the right direction.

• ESET Staff
19 minutes ago, Wrotekk said:

Hi Everyone,

Today I installed MDM Core on the same Linux server as I have ESMC running. Installation was successful, but licence for my server was deactivated and I can't activate it again.

Activation task returns "Task finished successfully" but server device still has "Product not activated " problem.

Actually it is not ESMC Server that is reporting activation problem, but that would be MDM component installed on the same machine (it should be visible in alerts, where component reporting issue should be different for MDM).

In case alert is shown even after successful activation task, please verify you are using correct license to activate MDM (ESMC Server is not activated at all). Also verify that AGENT installed on the same machine is connecting to ESMC Server, which should be indicated by last connection time as shown in console for "server" device entry.

10 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Actually it is not ESMC Server that is reporting activation problem, but that would be MDM component installed on the same machine (it should be visible in alerts, where component reporting issue should be different for MDM). 

In case alert is shown even after successful activation task, please verify you are using correct license to activate MDM (ESMC Server is not activated at all). Also verify that AGENT installed on the same machine is connecting to ESMC Server, which should be indicated by last connection time as shown in console for "server" device entry. 

Yes, it's the MDM component with that alert.

I was running activation task using both my licences "ESET Endpoint Security for Windows" and "ESET Endpoint Security for Android" without any success.

>This< document states that:

"2. Activate ESMC MDC using a Product Activation Client Task. The procedure is the same as when activating any ESET security product on a client computer (a license unit will not be used)."

Agent is connecting to the server (attachment).

eset01.PNG

• ESET Staff

What I am thinking as a workaround, is to login to ELA / EBA, generate an offline file for "ESET Mobile device connector" and import it into ESMC. Afterwards, use the product activation task, and choose the offline file in the process. This tends to work all the times ,but once your license expires / is renewed, you will have to re-do the process again. 

Unfortunately I already tried that, but when I'm importing the licence my ESMC console returns an error "Failed to add license by license file: Invalid license file provided."

(Licence file *.lf was generated  for "ESET Mobile device connector" from "https://eba.eset.com" with ESMC server token)

I also tried to use "Deactivate Products" on this device but it returned "Product deactivation done. my_device_name - no licenses deactivated"

• ESET Staff

Can you please retry the activation now. I have been informed that there were some issues with the license file generation, but it should be working as of now. Thank you.