KB6666 Computers with less than 1,000 MB free disk space

• ESET Staff

Problem is that group as you defined it will be matching devices, where at least one devices has capacity less than 1GB -> so for example devices with connected USB key or even devices with CD/DVD ROM, which mostly reports capacity 0MB.

I would recommend to add another condition, either explicitly specifying id of storage, or possibly requiring that reported capacity is >0. For example:

image.png

where only one of additional conditions should be required, byt it depends on your environment. I would recommend to use "Storage Id", especially in case you are interested only in system disks and devices are using default "C:".

• ESET Staff
22 minutes ago, katycomputersystems said:

What is the best way to get an email when systems enter this dynamic group?

Or, perhaps better, a daily email listing computers in the group?

The plan is to set the minimum to 20GB, and perform scheduled updates.

I think there are two possibilities (but had not confirmed it is actually enabled):

1. configure notification over this dynamic group. Unfortunately you will be receiving notification without list, and most probably for each device separately.
  2. use scheduled reports. It should be possible to prepare report which shows devices in specific group (or maybe dynamic groups can be completely bypassed here). Once reports is prepared, it is possible to schedule it to be sent to email, and there should be possibility to not send empty data.

You did it! Thanks.

Using custom headers, I am able to specify who gets my reply message Wednesday morning.

Here is the report:

image.thumb.png.7d9345e37836403ceed07423104d9f5e.png

And the group that identifies the computers in need of attention:

image.thumb.png.14aa4732be5dc131d2a2310442925d11.png

RMM, I don't need no stinking RMM, I have ESMC!