How to determine if a serial number has been used?

Pheckphul
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

While cleaning up my home office I came across two 3-user disc cases and don't know if they've been used or not. How can I find out if I've already used them without installing and activating them? I don't want to activate them as I don't currently have a need for them and don't want to waste them.

Thank you for any pointers.

Hello Pheckphul,

If you follow the link below, it will direct you to license retrieval.

This is for US country only. 

Retrieve License Details

Other countries:

* Visit the ESET main site for any of the many other different countries with support and proceed to the Knowledge base and search for missing license.

If they are just discs, i am afraid they may only be the software without licensing, unless you find a username after installation by opening the main UI and typing Ctrl+U ; or on the discs with any documentation sent with them.

• Administrators
  • Solution

You'd need to contact Customer care who would check details about your serial number on files. The link Arakasi posted points to a website where you can retrieve your username and password but there's no option to verify serial numbers.

You'd need to contact Customer care who would check details about your serial number on files. The link Arakasi posted points to a website where you can retrieve your username and password but there's no option to verify serial numbers.

Thank you. This is the information I was looking for. If I had the registration details for the licenses as in Arakasi's suggestion, then I'd know they had been previously used.