EIS and IOBIT + FURTHER UI SHORTCOMINGS

I have two small related problems.

1) EIS keeps marking components of Iobit Driver Updater and Iobit Uninstaller as potential threats. If i click on "Clean" core parts of the software are deleted and i am forced to reinstall them.
2) The second related problem (see picture attached), is the already mentioned issue of detected threats whose nature can't be understood nor explored due to the impossibility to expand the window or act properly in lack of more information on what these files do and why they are threats.

The resulting outcome is that i have to keep clicking on Ignore dozens of times per session (like 40 or 50 times in 5 or 6 hours sessions), without any possibility to take action since i don't know whether this is a false positive or a real threat.

I have sent the file to ESET a few days ago through the related option in EIS. I got no feedback nor any other information.

Any of the experts have a good idea on the course of action to take?

Thanks in advance.73422106_C59D6E6B-30C1-495D-9046-1C6634230D54.png.thumb.jpg.10d9297c9846cdf345e0315d9a629471.jpg

• Administrators

1, Potentially unwanted applications are not threats. Detection is optional and it's at users' discretion if they want to have such applications detected or not. For more information on PUA detection, please read https://support.eset.com/kb2629. Basically there can never be false positives on PUA detection.

2, I recall that hovering the mouse cursor over the path will display a complete path. As of v12.1, it will be possible to maximize this window.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, Marcos said:

1, Potentially unwanted applications are not threats. Detection is optional and it's at users' discretion if they want to have such applications detected or not. For more information on PUA detection, please read https://support.eset.com/kb2629. Basically there can never be false positives on PUA detection.

2, I recall that hovering the mouse cursor over the path will display a complete path. As of v12.1, it will be possible to maximize this window.

Thanks Marcos,

- Please note that even if you give it for granted that the user knows they are PUAs, the notification that pops up does not qualify them as such. It speaks of threats. The color might identify it maybe. But if wording and colors aren't correct users get confused.

- As to item 2, not. That only happens in reports, not in that pop-up window.

But i am glad this is going to be fixed in the next iteration. I can live with it for now.