3 Components of End point not working and can't enable them

Gourd

Hi we had a customer switch from ESET Nod 32 to ESET Endpoint, when we tried to remove the Nod 32 from their PC it was very difficult.  Now after finally removing NOD 32 we were able to install endpoint and 3 of these modules are disabled and there is no way to enable them. 

1 Anti-Phishing

2 Web and Email

3 Network attack

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Cheers Gordon

soles in motion ESET.JPG

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- on the client enable advanced network protection logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- gather logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive for perusal.

I just did what you asked and there is no zip file in here C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security

There are .dat files in the logs folder and there are .etl files in the Diagnostics folder

Please advise Gordon

• Administrators

The problem is that both an old and new firewall drivers are running at a time. How many machines with this problem do you have? You mentioned you had difficulties removing ESET NOD32 Antivirus before. Could you elaborate more on that? What error were you getting when attempting to uninstall it prior to installing ESET Endpoint Antivirus?

If there are not many PCs affected, I'd suggest:
- uninstalling ESET
- in safe mode running the Uninstall tool to make sure all drivers and files are completely removed
- installing ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 from scratch.

Hey Marcos,

so we have currently 3 or 4 PC's that we can't get NOD to remove cleanly.  It sometimes will look like its uninstalling and then when you reboot NOD is still running in the system tray.  I have gone into safe mode and run the uninstaller and it tells me that there are no installations of ESET but the icon is still in the tray and its still active.  I also then removed it from the windows registry and then run the uninstaller and still it tells me that there is nothing to remove and after deleting the registry keys it all looks fine and is gone from the tray but obviously the drivers were not removed.  Thats when we installed the End point because it looked like it was finally gone.

So this PC had NOD on it and it does not give errors when trying to remove it it just doesn't actually remove it and when I run the uninstall tool both in safe mode and regular mode it tells me that there are no ESET products installed which its still running in the tray until I delete the registry keys and all traces that I can find in prog files and APP data etc. 

And Marcos, if there is two sets of drivers installed how do I go about removing the ones I dont want / need and how do I identify which is which G

• ESET Staff

Hello Gornon, in general, if the upgrade got corrupted, what I would recommend is to use ESET uninstaller in the safe mode, to cleanup the machine and then install it again from scratch. That should help resolving the issue. 

• Administrators

Running "sc delete epfwwfpr" as an administrator should remove the obsolete driver. Should the problem persist, also reinstall Endpoint after deleting the driver.

Also if you still have a machine with ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed that you plan to upgrade to Endpoint Antivirus, please gather logs with ESET Log Collector but select all stuff to gather so that we get also a registry dump for analysis. I'd suggest waiting with upgrade a bit until we check the logs for any uncommon patterns, such as non-default install or module location.