EIS Banking module not working

Hi,

It is the third time that i start an online payment process on Firefox 66 and EIS' banking module automatically redirects the website to the troubleshooting page in ESET. The result is that, due to lack of time, i end up by disabling the function and executing the payment without any protection. Is this a bug or i am doing something wrong? Restarting ESET won't help. Restarting the PC won't help and i often am in a hurry, so no time for lenghty troubleshooting. It there any way to make this thing work out-of-the-box?

Thanks in advance

PassingBy,

In the meantime as Marcos looks at your logs, I would like to make a possible suggestion.

First I assume you are initiating your "payment" session from a normal browsing window, if not please excuse my comments.

I am seeing no issues with Firefox version 65.0.1 64 bit (current standard release) when I start the banking and payment from a desktop shortcut (or GUI).

For all recurring "transaction sites" I keep a shortcut in the resulting "B&P" version of Firefox (as a separate profile is used for B&P). If I am doing a one off purchase I will browse to the point of knowing I want to purchase and simply copy and past the website into the B&P browser and continue the transaction in B&P.

I have done PayPal this way with no issues where secure redirects are done without issues. I feel the "extra time" is no longer than waiting for ESET to redirect and click OK to accept the change to B&P.

Certainly B&P should work while navigating to a payment or banking site (as it is advertised) but as redirects themselves break some sites built in security, my suggestions may be something to try to ensure things work as expected for you.   

Hope this could help -- ebill

Passingby,

I had this problem among several error messages that several modules did not work. Since I had these error messages with Eset internet security, I did not spend so much effort in this topic. When I contacted the local support team they gave me the advice to re-install, but this did not solve it. 

However, what solved all my Eset problems, including the banking automatically redirection problem, was to download an older version of Eset (in my case Eset Internet Security 10.1.245.0), and then update 2 times to the latest version.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Hope this can be of interest

Edited by RandomEsetUser

On 2/13/2019 at 9:00 AM, ebill said:

PassingBy,

In the meantime as Marcos looks at your logs, I would like to make a possible suggestion.

First I assume you are initiating your "payment" session from a normal browsing window, if not please excuse my comments.

I am seeing no issues with Firefox version 65.0.1 64 bit (current standard release) when I start the banking and payment from a desktop shortcut (or GUI).

For all recurring "transaction sites" I keep a shortcut in the resulting "B&P" version of Firefox (as a separate profile is used for B&P). If I am doing a one off purchase I will browse to the point of knowing I want to purchase and simply copy and past the website into the B&P browser and continue the transaction in B&P.

I have done PayPal this way with no issues where secure redirects are done without issues. I feel the "extra time" is no longer than waiting for ESET to redirect and click OK to accept the change to B&P.

Certainly B&P should work while navigating to a payment or banking site (as it is advertised) but as redirects themselves break some sites built in security, my suggestions may be something to try to ensure things work as expected for you.   

Hope this could help -- ebill

Dear ebill,

You're correct. I simply click on a banking link in my bookmarks and expect the window to open. At that stage i am redirected to the troubleshooting page instead of the link. I assumed it was normal to do that way. I will try to follow your advice. I have noticed the secure browing as a standalone works fine. The redirection from the standard browser doesn't. I still consider it an anomaly.

But thanks a million for the suggestions. I really appreciate them.

Rick

On 2/16/2019 at 7:35 AM, RandomEsetUser said:

Passingby,

I had this problem among several error messages that several modules did not work. Since I had these error messages with Eset internet security, I did not spend so much effort in this topic. When I contacted the local support team they gave me the advice to re-install, but this did not solve it. 

However, what solved all my Eset problems, including the banking automatically redirection problem, was to download an older version of Eset (in my case Eset Internet Security 10.1.245.0), and then update 2 times to the latest version.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Hope this can be of interest

Hi Random,

Thanks to you as well. I don't doubt the method. But i lack the time to uninstall, downgrade, then re-upgrade. Also, i should do it on two machines, since the behavior is consistent on both machines. I rely on the fact that ESET will fix this at some point, hopefully, I am fairly happy with all the rest after all.

Thanks

Rick