Agent upgrade task

I am no doubt missing the obvious, but...

I'd like to create a task to upgrade older agents to the latest version and have it available to run at will and/or assign to a dynamic group. However, I've run into the following hurdles:

1. Server Task for 'Agent Deployment' requires that Target is specified.
  2. For Target, it will not allow me to assign to a Dynamic Group, nor will it allow selection of any clients within a Dynamic Group (the option/checkbox is grayed out).
  3. Available filter options for Target do not include options for Agent version or other method to target clients needing agent update.
  4. Column for Agent version in the 'Select Target' window are not present, so cannot sort by version to find older.

How can I target clients with old agents, without having to manually select them and create an upgrade task each time, given the above?

• Administrators

You should not use the Agent deployment task which is intended for deploying agent if not installed yet. To upgrade existing agent to the latest version, use the client task "Security Management Center component upgrade" which you can assign to a dynamic group with outdated agent version, using the Joined dynamic group trigger .

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

You should not use the Agent deployment task which is intended for deploying agent if not installed yet. To upgrade existing agent to the latest version, use the client task "Security Management Center component upgrade" which you can assign to a dynamic group with outdated agent version, using the Joined dynamic group trigger .

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense!