Eset internet security is changing my documents

I have a problem with eset is changing my game rlg_config.txt values. When i uninstalled eset it was working fine when i changed the value form 1 to 0 it saved and was alaright.Now i installed eset back and when i change the value of use_winmm_audio to 0 from 1 and save the text file and start the game (the game is mount and blade warband) the sound is buzzing/crackling and when i open the text file it s change back to 1.I dont know if you can help me with this on this forum because on the game forum they dont know why is it doing it. This problem is not happening on other games.

• Administrators

It's highly unlikely that ESET would be the culprit. It doesn't alter files unless malware is detected in them and cleaned. Have you tried pausing protection or eventually temporarily uninstalling ESET to see if it makes a difference?

I unninstaled eset and the issue with the changing text in documents wasnt there it was working fine but when i installed it back it was doing it again the game is bought on steam so i dont know if there was any malwere in it. I dont know if there is any possible way of blocking eset from doing anything with this file of something that could help with this issue.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Sixxo said:

So am i supposed to ru the procmon program and then run the game and send you the log?

Yes. Do not run the game longer than necessary since Procmon will log a lot of data and the log will grow quickly. When done, save the log, compress it, upload it to a safe location (e.g. DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) and drop me a message with a download link along with the full path to the file was modified.

• Administrators

Did rlg_config.txt actually contain the correct value before you started logging and the value was changed before you stopped logging?

• Administrators

You should have checked the value before stopping logging. If it was changed, then it must have happened when Procmon was not logging.

• Administrators

I'm sorry but I don't get it. We'll definitely need a Procmon log from time when the mentioned value was changed in rlg_config.txt.

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, Sixxo said:

I have a problem with eset is changing my game rlg_config.txt values. When i uninstalled eset it was working fine when i changed the value form 1 to 0 it saved and was alaright.Now i installed eset back and when i change the value of use_winmm_audio to 0 from 1 and save the text file and start the game (the game is mount and blade warband) the sound is buzzing/crackling and when i open the text file it s change back to 1.I dont know if you can help me with this on this forum because on the game forum they dont know why is it doing it. This problem is not happening on other games.

Could you pls. double check what is the exact name of the file? You mentioned rlg_config.txt  but there seems to be file rgl_config.txt accessed in provided logs.

It s literally called rlg_config in : Documents( in my language dokumenty)/Mount&Blade Warband/ and here is the rlg_config

• Administrators

The only possibly related information are regarding the process mb_warband.exe  which has read 2115 bytes of data from C:\Users\Sixxo\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt. There was no write to this file logged.

If you want us to analyze what happened, we must receive a correct Procmon log from time when a process modified that file.

But the file change occurs when i launch the game and the procmon log that i send you is logged when the problem occured  so i dont know if it will make any difference when i do it again

• Administrators

1, Make sure that the file is ok, ie. not modified.
2, Start logging with Procmon.
3, Make sure that the file is still unmodified.
4, Wait until the file has been modified and only then stop logging.