Jump to content
brandobot

ESET Endpoint Security 6.7.600 for Mac install failures

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to deploy 6.7.6 on top of 6.6 ESET Endpoint Security. On about 15% of our machines, they are failing. Is there any pre-requisites that need to be met to install properly? Any logs I can check that will tell me where it is exactly failing.

 

Downloading ESET Endpoint Security 6.7.600.0.pkg...
Downloading https://use1-jcds.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
Verifying package integrity...
Installing ESET Endpoint Security 6.7.600.0.pkg...
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is ESET Endpoint Security
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Brandobot,

you can find logs from installation in /var/log/install.log, however, please know that there is more information than just log from ESET products. I'd strongly recommend contacting support directly - https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/?intcmp=btn-support-request#/business-support/install-activate-endpoint-product/install-endpoint

Thank you

Edited by Matus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ESET team!

Its time to step up now! This is like the 3rd release youve made fro MAC thats not working....Come on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fix for me was to uninstall and re-install the new version.
I am still uncertain why installing over an existing install worked for about 90% of our machines, but required uninstalling for the other 10%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...