Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brandobot

ESET Endpoint Security 6.7.600 for Mac install failures

I'm trying to deploy 6.7.6 on top of 6.6 ESET Endpoint Security. On about 15% of our machines, they are failing. Is there any pre-requisites that need to be met to install properly? Any logs I can check that will tell me where it is exactly failing.

Downloading ESET Endpoint Security 6.7.600.0.pkg...
Downloading https://use1-jcds.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
Verifying package integrity...
Installing ESET Endpoint Security 6.7.600.0.pkg...
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is ESET Endpoint Security
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

Hi Brandobot,

you can find logs from installation in /var/log/install.log, however, please know that there is more information than just log from ESET products. I'd strongly recommend contacting support directly - https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/?intcmp=btn-support-request#/business-support/install-activate-endpoint-product/install-endpoint

Thank you

Hello @brandobot, I will contact you via a personal message with further instructions.

Hi ESET team!

Its time to step up now! This is like the 3rd release youve made fro MAC thats not working....Come on...

The fix for me was to uninstall and re-install the new version.
I am still uncertain why installing over an existing install worked for about 90% of our machines, but required uninstalling for the other 10%.