Cleanup License count on ERA Website

Skynet

Hi,

I have the same issue like some others here but with one difference, so hopefully someone can help me.

On ERA Website | License Management we are at 102/100 Licenses, surly not good.

I ran the report (https://forum.eset.com/topic/11087-licence-information-user-count-not-right-in-era-admin-console/) and got the same amount of Computers shown in Era Web (about 90), so we should be safe with the 100 Licenses.

I would like to clean it up on ELA or EBA or whereever I can but in any way they are asking for a License Key, but we don't have one, we only have a License File!

So what can I do?

Edited by Skynet

• ESET Staff

Hello @Skynet, what do you mean that you have only "license file" ?  Do you have an username & password?

How you have added your license into ERA / ESMC ? You have either used the security admin account, or directly the license key. License file, that could be added to ERA is only generated from ELA, and is not generated by default, only from ELA. That would mean, that someone had to generate it for you.

ESET licensing has the issue with accidental duplication of seats, due to the HWF issue. Recommended approach would be:

• shorten the interval of "automatically deactivate units not connected to ESET license administrator in last xxxx days to let´s say 30.
  • manually deactivate duplicated / long time not connected seats (you can sort / filter problematic ones).
  • to prevent that a legitimate device will end up without license, you can create a dynamic group "not activated computer" and create an activation task set on "joined dynamic group trigger", that would automatically reactivate seat without a valid license (if you use multiple products / licenses, you might need to do a DG per different application type).
Edited by MichalJ

Hi MichalJ,

we buy the license at our distributor (Mattern Consult GmbH) and get a license file back to import in ERA. That is all I know for years now. See picture. No user, no password.

We never set up ELA or had access to it, so looks like I have to ask Mattern Consult.

eset license.PNG

Edited by Skynet

• ESET Staff

@Skynet Can you please send me the screenshot of the entire license screen window. You can do it in your private message. The ERA-Endpoint.lic is actually an old format of the license, but I can see that you have a license already added in your ERA / ESMC. When I will see it, I will be able to know it. Also, from the PLID (Public License ID) I will be able to tell your license key.