Webcam access alert when opening images

From last few months I am noticing a strange behavior. When I search for images in Bing and click on "Images" tab and select any image, ESET Internet Security alerts me: "Webcam Access.... Allow/Block". Screenshot below. If I disable ESET, sometimes I noticed Webcam flash blinking for a second as if taking a snap.

Today, I got the same Webcam alert while accessing GMail. This is the first time I got this alert for GMail.

I am getting this alert on all browsers.

eset webcam.PNG

• Administrators

If the problem is that you are continually being asked for an action when Edge accesses the webcam, make sure that you have the latest v12.0.31 installed and delete all existing webcam rules. Afterwards new rules should be remembered alright.

I am using the latest version: ESET Internet Security: 12.0.31.0.

It is not alone Edge, with all browsers it is the same issue. When I open Bing and search any image and try to open it, ESET alerts about Webcam access.

Is the issue with Bing or ESET?

It is not an issue with the rules. Rules are working fine.

I just want to know whether it is really what Bing is doing? If it is not a false-positive, I am happy that ESET blocked it.

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, Rohit said:

OK Thanks.

I believe you could also block Edge's Camera Access in Windows Settings ( Privacy Settings ) , over there you have options to block/allow applications to use different things.