Dual Update profile setup problem

I am trying to get a dual update profile set up in ESMC 7. I followed this article, https://support.eset.com/kb6880/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US, but ended up with duplicate entries in the Scheduler. Sorry, no screenshot available as I reverted my changes back. We have an HTTP Proxy policy set up for the entire enterprise and it is controlling how all of the machines update, but I want some machines to use the dual update profile. How do I add the ability for machines to do internet updating without making duplicate schedules?

Video tutorials for this sort of thing would be great, BTW.

• Administrators

If the only difference between the two update profiles should be different proxy server settings, set up the proxy server in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Proxy server and make sure that "Use direct connection if proxy is not available" is enabled so that ESET can communicate with ESET's servers also outside your company's network.

image.png

I looked at this setting the other day. I already have my HTTP Proxy set up this way. It takes a LONG time to update this way. It must have to time out first, which seems to take 10 or 15 minutes. I haven't timed it, but back to my original issue of multiple entries in the scheduler: I did get a screenshot today because after I attempted to set up the dual update profile and reverted my changes back, I lost my scheduled scan that is supposed to happen once a week. I attempted to recreate it and again ended up with multiple duplicate entries in the Scheduler once again. I took a screenshot before reverting my changes. It is attached. Hopefully someone can chime in about the extra scheduler entries.

Capture.JPG

• ESET Staff

It looks to me, that you have multiple policies set, which are configuring scheduler with the "append" flag set on scheduler task list in the EP policy. Can you confirm that? I have no other explanations for this behavior.

Yes, I do have it set to Append, but I also unchecked all of the other scheduled tasks. To me, this means those setting won't take affect, but apparently not. It is not intuitive. See the attached screenshots.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.b16821f938d3acbb10b35d6f74d5c17c.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.b934e3d2bd012d197f24e18501ee442a.JPG

• ESET Staff

Entire scheduler list is handled as "one setting", meaning what happens is that it appends the "whole list" including the disabled entries to the list set by previous policy. If you want to have just the one thing appended, solution is to remove the other entries, and keep just the "wednesday" scan.

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Staff

That´s weird. I will report it to our QA to check the behavior. Would it look differently, if you use "replace" instead of append? It should then replace the list, with the one from your policy. All the other entries, will be basically kept.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, MichalJ said:

That´s weird. I will report it to our QA to check the behavior. Would it look differently, if you use "replace" instead of append? It should then replace the list, with the one from your policy. All the other entries, will be basically kept.

I will attempt that and get back to you.