ESET banking & payment protection hanging up

For several days, my ESET banking & payment protection has been hanging up when I try to open my bookmarks.   I can manually enter websites; however, would like to be able to use bookmarks.  Do I need to re-install the program?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Karly said:

Do I need to re-install the program? 

Please try it. Should the issue persist, contact customer care so that the issue is properly tracked and investigated.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Karly said:

I have reinstalled ESET and the initial scan is running and is at almost 2 hours.   Is this usual?

It depends on the number and type of the files you have on a disk as well as on the settings, especially if archives are scanned internally. E.g. if you have mainly text, media files or documents there, the scan would be very quick. If you have many iso images that are several gigabytes in size and have scanning of archives enabled, it will take a lot of time to scan them internally.

I don't think I have ISO images as I understand them; but the scan just finished in 2 hr and 13 min scanning 300,544 items.  Must have looked in every nook and cranny for items to scan.  I need to restart the computer before I can see if the banking protection is functional.  Thanks.