ESET Virus Radar

Arakasi

Hello Forum members and ESET staff.

I would like to give a very much needed pat on the back with kudos to the team working on Virusradar.

It is beginning to look amazing and well thought out.

My favorite so far : hxxp://www.virusradar.com/en/glossary

The Glossary :)

As its in the BETA stages; i cannot wait to see the concluded project.

Although i think it will never be concluded as their is always going to be things to add to it. :)

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. If there are any entries you would like to see added/updated in the glossary, please let us know.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hmmmm :ph34r:

Let's see :D

Where's botnet ? ;)

Ransomware <- escalated last year

Keylogger <--- I asked a question relating to this on ESET USA FB Account. but never received an answer or reply. :rolleyes: (January 16th)

Cryptography / Encryption - whichever caters to ESET more.

Steganography - Some folks don't have a clue what this is. :unsure:

I will continue thinking in relation to security as much as i can. These were some of the biggest & surprised not in the list yet. :)

Thanks Aryeh.

Edited by Arakasi

I know that the Virus Radar site is still in beta, but often we rely on the site to get addition information about ESET Threat detections, and often it seems there is no detail provided - I know the sheer volume of malware variants makes it very hard to include detailed breakdowns of every infection, but I also understand that we consider ESET Virus Radar to be a trusted authority in regards to malware research, so when we come to the site looking for details on a threat detected by ESET, and can't get anymore information than variant names, and perhaps some dates on when it was discovered/seen, then we're forced to return to Google, and sorted through the results for something authentic.

So, point being, I love the site, and we use it often - we just can't wait for the day when we can search for ESET Threat Detections, and get comprehensive details for all of our searches (i.e. if ESET can detect it, hopefully ESET Virus Radar will contain additional data!). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

New glossary entries for ESET Virus Radar:

As always, feedback on existing definitions and request for additional ones is always appreciated.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Excellent service.

Great continued rapport with customers and prospects.

I am glad ESET is always willing to help people understand security so they may stay safe on the web. ;)

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Glad you liked the new entries, and thanks again for the suggestions.

I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the request for a description of steganography. It is not a major factor when dealing with malicious software, and even ESET's non-malware-related security offerings like ESET Secure Authentication and DESlock don't really have anything to do with that technology.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

Glad you liked the new entries, and thanks again for the suggestions.

I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the request for a description of steganography. It is not a major factor when dealing with malicious software, and even ESET's non-malware-related security offerings like ESET Secure Authentication and DESlock don't really have anything to do with that technology.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Your certainly are correct Mr. Goretsky; although not a major factor when dealing wth malicious software, may still be defined as a small relation to obfuscation.

I like the idea that some of the public, falling into the non-security enthusiast category, may learn of a few more technologies, and understand that you never know what's possible or what's being passed around; strengthing the idea of security for themselves, leading to more faith and turning to ESET for guidance.

I may ponder on a few more idea's having security ettiquete in mind.

Thank's again for the additional entries.