Jump to content

ESMC 7 API: Fix Dynamic library not found


Johan Wentholt
 Share

Recommended Posts

After updating my Ubuntu installation to the latest version I noticed that I couldn't connect using the ESMC 7 API.

Request:

{"Era.ServerApi.StartRequest":{}}

Response:

{"Era.ServerApi.SimpleResponse": {"result":false,"error":"Dynamic library not found"} }

The code worked before, so there was no problem on my end.

After debugging and searching on the internet I stumbled upon a post from someone with the same issue. The solution in that post was to use Ubuntu 16 instead (for the time being). However I found another solution, but since the post is archived I couldn't post it there, so I figured I create a new topic.

It seems that the API files are dependent on the Ubuntu libssl1.0-dev package. Installing it resolved the issue for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
On 1/15/2019 at 7:56 PM, Johan Wentholt said:

It seems that the API files are dependent on the Ubuntu libssl1.0-dev package. Installing it resolved the issue for me.

There is actually the same problem s with ESMC components itself -> they do not support newest SSL libraries (libssl/libcryto) and requires version 1.0.* to work correctly. In most case, installing older version (still officially supported) side-by-side with version 1.1.* resolve this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...