ERA Server 5: unblocking URLs

Hallo,

we are using Eset Nod32 Antivirus 5.0.  For managing, a instance of Remote Management Server 5 is installed.

Atm. we try to migrate to Antivirus 7 and and Security Management server. Therefore we try to roll out the AV Client. But the Antivirus 5 is blocking the URL to our package management system, so we can't provide the package (Object: hxxp://url_to_our_package Threat: Blocked Object Action: Disconnect)

How can I tell globally via the Remote Management that Antivirus should nod block this URL?

Regards

Daniel

44 minutes ago, Daniel26 said:

Hallo,

we are using Eset Nod32 Antivirus 5.0.  For managing, a instance of Remote Management Server 5 is installed.

Atm. we try to migrate to Antivirus 7 and and Security Management server. Therefore we try to roll out the AV Client. But the Antivirus 5 is blocking the URL to our package management system, so we can't provide the package (Object: hxxp://url_to_our_package Threat: Blocked Object Action: Disconnect)

How can I tell globally via the Remote Management that Antivirus should nod block this URL?

Regards

Daniel

As I understand, ESET Endpoint Antivirus v5 is blocking access?

If that is true, than in ERA v5 you need to edit policy that is applied to all clients and go to: Windows Desktop v5 > Personal firewall > Settings > Web access protection > HTTP address management: See dialog (and select Edit in right pane of Window).

There you have three lists:

1. List of addresses excluded from filtering
2. List of blocked addresses/masks
3. List of allowed addresses

Enter your URL to 1 and 3.

If you have enabled Web Control, then under Windows Desktop v5 > Web Control > Rules: See dialog (and select Edit in right pane of Window) add your url in Rule Editor to URL-based Action with Action set to Allow.

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

So I have to change firewall settings even if we don't have a ESET firewall installed? We only have Nod32 Antivirus.

Regards

Daniel

8 minutes ago, Daniel26 said:

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

So I have to change firewall settings even if we don't have a ESET firewall installed? We only have Nod32 Antivirus.

Regards

Daniel

Actually it's not firewall, rather feature that is located in this location in policy.

Here is client side:

image.png.262be1e7019a248cb07b36fc990c14e2.png