EMS Beta - Feedback

Hi,

I am really enjoying the new beta thus far.
I understand there is a Google+ community and i plan to try and be a little involved over there, however forums are my preference.

I would like to make known a small feature i noticed required adjusting after updating from 2.0-3.0

My notification icon was gone and opening and closing the app didnt help.
Resolution was to toggle Permanent notification in Settings, off and then on again.
We may need to add this in a future version to prevent support request, complaints, or confusion for the average user. :)

Maybe any additional findings from beta users can be introduced here too.

Thanks and safe mobile browsing to all. :)

Edited by Arakasi

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

A couple of observations...

The amount of files scanned with the deep scan selected has changed drastically. Version 2 would scan 25,000 to 26,000 files while version 3 is only scanning 1600 to 1700 files. What is the reason for this difference? Is this a bug?

Virus Radar reports VSD's in the format x.xxxx (from version 2) while the VSD's in version 3 are in xxxx format. The two formats are not similar at all. I will assume that Virus Radar will be updated to reflect this new format so we may continue to follow the updates... Example: Current android version on Virus Radar is 3.1401 while showing on the version 3 beta app is 4396.

I totally love the new anti-theft, very nice indeed. Great beta and good work ESET!

Hey puff!

Thanks for your post.

I just tried a deep scan on my device and it scanned 15,000 objects. However last version, last week was scanning 88,000.

Yesterday some of the auto scans had 130.

Are we possibly noticing a form of smart optimization on the android? Since phones are all nand flash, speed isnt an issue though :)

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Possible.. I also noticed that there is now a prerelease update option implying the use of modules. I wonder if there is a detailed changelog available somewhere that I have missed...