Mac keeps crashing since I updated - culprit may be 'com.eset.kext.esets-mac'

henk

Hi,

I recently updated my mac, and it now keeps crashing. Closer inspection of the call logs shows:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.eset.kext.esets-mac(670.50f1)[47551B92-A4C5-3EF1-9D6E-07FF4D48F741]@0xffffff7f9bcb8000->0xffffff7f9bcd2fff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(900.4.1)[2837DD62-F2B0-3357-A164-D44FEF6810E0]@0xffffff7f99695000

Which suggests it is eset.

I disabled ESET by unclicking all the boxes; but it again happened with the above crash.

Anybody knows if this is a known problem? ESET says it is up to date, MAC says it is up to date.

I am also surprised that even though I disabled ESET the kernel extension is still active. Any way to temporarily disable the extension?

Many thanks,

Henk

• ESET Moderators

Hello @henk,

please make sure, you have the latest version (6.7.400.0) installed, it was released the same date as you posted this.

It should resolve the issue you reported, if not just let us know, we will troubleshoot it with you further,... 

Regards, P.R.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @henk,

may I ask if you were able to resolve the issue by the upgrade or do you need any further assistance from our side?

If you need the assistance, just collect the logs as described at https://support.eset.com/kb3404/?locale=en_EN upload them to a safe location and send me a download details via private message with a reference to this tread.

Regards, Peter

Sorry for the late reply - I uninstalled ESET altogether since it crashed 17 more times the week following my post. I will have to reinstall ESET before I will know.