Renewal Questions

BobU

Hi folks,

I have two computers. Each has its own NOD32 license. They expire at different times.

I bought a 3 PC full product from an authorized dealer. What is the best way to use these license?

Can I enter the codes into my existing installations and have it EXTEND my subscriptions? Do I have to wait until the day before they expire to do this in order to not lose subscription time?

Can I enter all three in a License Manager and have them continue my subscriptions that way?

Appreciate details on how I should proceed.

Thanks.

~Bob

1 hour ago, BobU said:

Hi folks,

I have two computers. Each has its own NOD32 license. They expire at different times.

I bought a 3 PC full product from an authorized dealer. What is the best way to use these license?

Can I enter the codes into my existing installations and have it EXTEND my subscriptions? Do I have to wait until the day before they expire to do this in order to not lose subscription time?

Can I enter all three in a License Manager and have them continue my subscriptions that way?

Appreciate details on how I should proceed.

Thanks.

~Bob

Hi Good Day, I will answer based on my ESET region experience.

1) do you purchase boxes license or online license? Boxes license can be activated anytime, while online license, the license activated the first day of your purchase.

2) As your purchase new license, i dont think it will extend the current existing subscription. I believe you should wait near expiry date. 

3) Yes you can insert into license manager at my.eset.com, the license will be manage separately one another so there will be no issues it will mixed up with other activation code. Once your current subscription expired, simply put the new license on your current existing installation.

Im just curios, did your origin country did not offer renewal pricing? renewal will extend the current subscription instead of replacing it with the new one. And do you purchase separate license for that 3 device or 1 license for 3 device? 

Thanks for the reply.

Boxed licenses.

It is less expensive to buy new licenses than renew when vendors have specials. It is one license for three devices

Hello BobU. What I would do is wait till the day before your licenses expire and then activate your new one. What you have to realize is if you bought a 3 license product, once activated, the clock starts ticking on all the product. I myself do not use the ESET License Manager (don't need or want it). I've been told that if I input a new license key, it will extend your license "after" your current expiration date. That was not the case when I redid my license around Christmas (no big deal as I probably lost about $.45 USD). When in doubt, contact your ESET agent (wherever you may be) and take notes.

Regards,

Tom   

Edited by TomFace

Thanks Tom.

Its all a wee bit confusing. Worst comes to worst, I'll at least get both computers in sync and lose 6 weeks of one license.

• Administrators

I would contact the seller and explain him the situation. I think it should be possible to subtract the price for the remaining period from existing licenses from the price for the 3-PC package.

Thanks Marcos, but not worried at all about the few dollars for the remaining time. More a question of how best to use this and when. Seems if all above is correct, all three license clocks start when the first is activated and the boxed 3 pc licenses cannot extend a license, but rather starts one anew. If so, the only question I still might have is what benefit using a License Manager would have if any.

And BTW, this saves me a bout half of the renewal costs and being on a fixed income drives me to find deals. If I recall, one year my licenses were free after rebate. Not quite so good now :) But worth looking for the specials.

Bob ... Yes...keep your eyes open for deals (like at Amazon...I always have a few extra licenses on hand...just in case). Even an old version key will allow you to get the latest version. With my current machine count, the license manager gains me no benefit, so someone else will have to expound on that topic. see https://my.eset.com/Home/License?stscheck=OAA2AGYAOQA4AGYAOQBlAC0ANQAyADQANAAtADQAYwBiADQALQBhAGUAYgA1AC0AMgA3AGIAOQA2ADMAOAAyADcAYwA3ADAA

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace