how do i remove sirefef (zeroaccess) trojan

I followed the the instructions to download  the Eset cleaning tool and changed windows defenders name .But still get the infected with virus message , so no download                                                                                 jimallan

• Administrators

Do you mean that the Sirefef cleaner didn't find any threat even if your ESET product is detecting it? Could you please post a screen shot of the alert you're getting?

To add to my friend Marcos response,

Renaming the windows defender folder, is only to give you a step up towards downloading the Proprietary Sirefef cleaner.

When infected with Sirefef, you sometimes are incapable of downloading anything, whether it be a program or file of any type.

After download of the cleaner, you are directed in the KB to rename your windows defender directory back.

Are you incapable of downloading the sirefef tool ?

Click here to download Sirefef Cleaner

If i try to download anything, i get a download failed message because of a virus infection . I tryed to download the eset cleaner but got the same message , on the eset insruction page it said that this may happen , and said rename the windows defender folder and try again which i did . But when i tryed to download the eset sirefef cleaner again i got the same failed message preventing the download  because of a virus .

I think i picked up the virus by downloading an adobe update which was a virus     Thaks jimallan