Peter Randziak

ESET File Security for Linux 7 BETA signup

Dear Linux community,

We’ve been working on the new generation of our solution for Linux servers for quite a while.

The hard work of the development and QA team was materialized into the first BETA version, which we would like to share with you.

If you are interested in getting a copy and chance to get hands on experience with it, just leave a comment here or send me (@Peter Randziak) and @TomasP a private message.

We are looking forward to your participation.

I am interested in getting a copy! Is this product geared towards file servers, linux desktops, or both?  Also, would I need to have ESMC 7 deployed to manage it?  We are running 6.5 and planning our upgrade to 7 for later this year.

Hello @kingoftheworld

that was quick :-), thank you for your interest, I will send you further instructions via a private message.

Currently we have the new generation of protection for the file servers, more server roles should come later followed by the endpoint product.

When it comes to ERA/ESMC we advise the participants to have a separate instance of it as i requires a BETA version of Configuration support module, which hasn't been fully tested yet with all the other products so we do not recommend to use it in a production environment.

Regards, P.R.