ESET File Security for Linux 7 BETA signup

• ESET Moderators

Dear Linux community,

We’ve been working on the new generation of our solution for Linux servers for quite a while.

The hard work of the development and QA team was materialized into the first BETA version, which we would like to share with you.

If you are interested in getting a copy and chance to get hands on experience with it, just leave a comment here or send me (@Peter Randziak) and @TomasP a private message.

We are looking forward to your participation.

I am interested in getting a copy! Is this product geared towards file servers, linux desktops, or both?  Also, would I need to have ESMC 7 deployed to manage it?  We are running 6.5 and planning our upgrade to 7 for later this year.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @kingoftheworld

that was quick :-), thank you for your interest, I will send you further instructions via a private message.

Currently we have the new generation of protection for the file servers, more server roles should come later followed by the endpoint product.

When it comes to ERA/ESMC we advise the participants to have a separate instance of it as i requires a BETA version of Configuration support module, which hasn't been fully tested yet with all the other products so we do not recommend to use it in a production environment.

Regards, P.R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway for us to keep track of the release notes on this?   I'm interested in the ability to have predefined targets, but heard it wasn't in this initial release.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i would like to test the ESET for Linux 7 as well.

is there a linux desktop version as well, or only a server version?