Report Template - installed applications

Hi,

I'm trying to make a report template that will show only installed applications that users cannot have installed on their computers.

To do this i'm using Filter Card under Reports. Here is the problem, how to use some kind of wildcard (*) or any other solution to filter out applications.?

What is the best approach ?  to filter all installed applications  and left only those which users cannot install (blacklisted) based on my own application list.

When i'm filtering i  can only use those options :

·         = (equal)

·         =/ (not equal)

·         contains

·         has prefix

·         has postfix

·         has mask

·         is one of

·         has no value

·         has value

·         is not one of

When i'm trying to filter out e.g. 100 x different apps with different versions what should i use (what filter, what option) ??

I'm thinking about Application vendor with option  (is not one of) and write all vendors , but this is pain in the ...

What we have done is to create a dashboard for installed applications,list every 5000 records of data,copy paste entire web page to a excel file, delete unnecessary columns,do the same task for remaining records, create a table with application,computer name,ip and time of occurence. Now you can filter whichever softwares you need in excel.We also created pivot table for software audits.The final report is better than microsoft audit reports 😊

We had to copy paste the records since details are messed up when we export the installed softwares list to a csv file using ERA console.

• ESET Staff

@Justin Can you please provide more details with regards to "details are messed up when we export the installed software list to a csv file using ERA console" ? What is messed up? This might indicate a problem with data / CSV export, which should be fixed.

• ESET Staff

@magielonczyk I would suggest that you post a proper problem / usecase description in the corresponding topic. Base on your comment I really can´t identify what is the problem you are trying to solve.